This exciting new full time Masters programme has been developed as a response to an identified need in the international nursing market for a post-graduate programme which focuses on health care management. The purpose of the Master of Health Sciences (International Healthcare Management) is to prepare nurses to assume the role of manager/leaders in various health care settings globally.
As there is a continued emphasis on corporate governance, fiscal sustainability and leadership accountability, employment opportunities and board positions within this sector will be in demand. Graduates with this knowledge base and skill set will be set to take up these responsibilities and apply this knowledge for the public good.
Module/Subject Titles include:
The MHSc comprises of 7 modules. The modular programme will be delivered over a calendar year and be worth 90 ECTS
1. Principles and Practice of Management (10 ECTS)
2. Strategic Management and Leadership (10 ECTS)
3. Information, Measurement, and Evaluation (10 ECTS)
4. Quality Health Care Management (10 ECTS)
5. Ethical Practice in Health Care Management (10 ECTS)
6. Managing Finance in Health Care Organisations (10 ECTS)
7. Change Management Project (30 ECTS)
What is the course duration?
One Calendar Year (full-time)
What are the programme entry criteria for International Students?
• A primary degree (min 2:2) in Nursing or a Health Sciences/Studies related degree
• Minimum of two years post registration nursing/health related experience
• Evidence of registration in country of residence (if applicable)
• A score of 6.5 in the IELTS Exam (http://www.ielts.org/ for information on IELTS tests) or equivalent English Language score
• Completed application form which includes a personal statement
• Original academic documentation & experiential records to support application
Completed application form; review of academic transcripts; proof of English Language Score and document detailing rationale for undertaking programme and how it will contribute to your practice.
Degree ECTS weighting: 90 credits.
What are the advantages of completing the MHSc (International Healthcare Management) at St. Angela's College?
Specifically designed and developed innovative modules to ensure you:
Learn to engage in strategic management/leadership planning
Engage with global management frameworks, theories & tools
Plan meaningful change in an organisational context
Engage in proactive healthcare management in differing contexts and cultures
How is this achieved?
Small groups with academic support
Variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate student education & learning
Availability of a dedicated International Student Tutor
When does the programme start?
September 2018 (students must be in Ireland week before for orientation)
How do I apply?
Please print and complete the application form and follow the deposit payment option below. Or you can contact:
Dr. Maria Gallo
Director, Centre for Lifelong Learning, St. Angela's College, Sligo
Phone: 00353 719135623
National University of Ireland, Galway.
How much does the programme cost?
€10,250.00 (2013 rate). Scholarships up to €2000 available based on academic achievements, English Language Score & Experience
This fee is subject to a yearly review. Fees do not include accommodation or living costs. Medical insurance is available from the following website: www.odon.ie/cll